How the Treatment Works
NAD+ is given as an infusion, injecting the supplement directly into the bloodstream for the ultimate experience. Patients can relax in a comfortable chair, reading or working on a laptop, for a period of 1-2 hours while the treatment is being administered.
Every patient will be under the utmost care of an experienced and highly qualified RN. The health, care, and comfort of each of our patients is our number one priority. Sit back and relax in our modern, spa-inspired rooms and you will be reaping to rewards of NAD+ therapy before you know it.
How should I prepare for my NAD+ IV therapy visit?
- Drink plenty of water before your treatment. This will help ensure ease of access to your veins.
- Have a light meal at least 1-2 hours before your treatment. If this is not possible, we do offer refreshments and bottled water.
What should I expect during my NAD+ IV therapy?
- During the actual infusion, it is not uncommon to experience some side effects including nausea, chest heaviness, headache, general malaise, and/or indigestion. These side effects are completely normal, and somewhat expected. This is the reason why NAD+ IV drips take longer to infuse than the standard “cocktails”. The side effects typically subside by slowing down the drip and/or stopping the drip completely for about 10-20 seconds, and then restarting at a slower pace.
- At the conclusion of your NAD+ IV therapy drip, these side effects should completely subside.
How long does the actual infusion take?
This depends greatly on what you are looking to achieve from NAD+ therapy:
- If you are an otherwise healthy individual and are looking to address fatigue, recovery from strenuous exercise, and/or anxiety, expect your NAD+ infusion to take around 1-2 hours. The slower the infusion rate, the better the absorption, and the lesser chance of experiencing the potential side effects during the infusion itself.
- If you are seeking NAD+ IV therapy as a treatment modality for substance addiction, expect your infusion to take around 2+ hours. Again, the slower the drip, the better the absorption you receive. This is particularly important for optimizing results – see our more in-depth information below, under our Addiction Protocol.
How to make the most out of your NAD IV therapy
Anecdotal evidence is HIGHLY suggestive that certain vitamins/nutrients have a synergistic effect when paired with NAD+, meaning they work better at achieving the desired results than when given alone. These nutrients include:
✔ B-Complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6)
✔ Vitamin B12
✔ Antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Glutathione
✔ Amino Acids
For this reason, we have a formulated Vivid’s own Vit-A-Mino cocktail – a post-NAD+ therapy vitamin cocktail consisting of each of these ingredients that can be infused in a 500mL Normal Saline bag at the conclusion of your NAD+ drip. Like NAD+ absorption, it is highly recommended these vitamins/nutrients be infused slowly, over a course of at least 25-30 minutes, to ensure the most efficient absorption and thus maximizing the synergistic effects.